Wednesday, July 24, 2013

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 - review

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 40ml
40ml
RRP €7.50
Firstly I wish to apologise for the poor quality of the photos, unfortunately I am going t have to rely on my phone for the foreseeable future so, please bare with me.
Cicaplast is one of those super cult products you will find reviewed on most beauty blogs and that is the kind of items I am generally weary of.
I was very intrigued then when I recently got the new purse(and cabin luggage) friendly, 40ml tube to test out. I was a woman on a mission to prove people wrong, not because I don't trust the brand(all the contrary!) but because I'm never one to follow the herd.

With panthenol, shea butter, glycerin, madecassoside, and a blend of copper, zinc and magnesium as main ingredients, it's marketed for any skin type and pretty much any skin condition that doesn't involve an open wound including eczema, grazes, chapped lips, rough patches, sunburn, nappy rash, chaffing and many others.
As the "gotta see it to believe it" kind of person I am, I set out to test it on anything I could and here's what: heat rash, dry patches, a friend's sunburn, a friend's irritation from insect bites, wind burn, chapped lips, to soften the lines on my wrists and knees(we all have them!), chaffing and  ... I was proven wrong.
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong...


As balms go I find it very thick and takes a few minutes to completely dry, but boy does it work its wonder!!!
I have used it on my recently really dry nose and knees and I found it was very hard to blend if by accident it came into contact with the moisturisers I was using on my face and legs. But it only took a few more extra minutes to blend and dry.
No matter the amount of lotions and potions, unfortunately genes have blessed me with really dry skin and the fact that it has no pigmentation barrier, lines form very easily on my body, so I decided to try it to soften them on my wrists and knees and I have to say, when applied daily it did do its air brushing job!
When I applied it on my face my eyes did not shed one single tear either, hooray!!!

I guess my beauty blogger butt has been truly kicked by this little fella, and all I can say is that it's going to be purchased soon as I'm almost out.
Has anyone else used for any other skin troubles? I would love to hear all about it in a comment below.

Lil

1 comment:

  1. Most of the users jailbreak their iPhone
    themselves and some jailbreak with the help of a retailer.
    You'd definitely take the new attributes provided by each design if you could, after all.


    Feel free to visit my blog post cydia tweaks for iphone 5s ios 7

    ReplyDelete