Wednesday, February 6, 2013

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense review

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense
Ladies with highly sensitive skin the world over: rejoice!

Before I left for my surgery in October, I was under  an enormous amount of stress and I was well aware of the fact the surgery, the waiting for the results was going to bring even more strain and that would have played havoc on my skin. So I made it my ONE mission to  find a proper, good product that would help me keep all that in check.
As an heaven sent a couple of weeks before I left I was given the chance to try this product for free and I somersaulted to the chance!

Here is what La Roche-Posay have to say about this little wonder:
"For couperose-prone, sensitive and fragile skin & Intense redness. Immediately calms sensations of discomfort. After 4 weeks, redness is reduced and the complexion is more even. Proven anti-relapse efficacy. Apply in the morning and evening to areas in need of treatment. For optimal efficacy, use with ROSALIAC UV hydrating anti-redness skincare treatments."
 What do I say? HELL TO THE YESSIR!!!

First of here is what it looks like:

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense

Don't be scared by the slightly off putting colour (I was a little), as you can see once applied you don't really see it.
I was surprised by the fact it didn't come out as a normal redness calming, green tinted cream.
I would class the consistency as a really light gel. It applies REALLY well and instantly cools any excess redness/sensitivity, although it takes a good few minutes to sink in completely.

The key with this product is to apply only on areas that require it, for me it's cheeks and chin. After only a good few days I did notice a change in my skin, a lot less raw and painful.
After the surgery I was on so many different meds and my stress levels were doing cartwheels (and still are, sadly) but this baby absolutely counteracted it!
I have been using this in the Alps -in and out of houses with fire places and high heating, spending a lot of time outdoors-, in the last few weeks here at home - using the laptop a lot, with polar winds, with my bedroom reaching 13C degrees when I wake up in the morning...whatever harsh conditions I've thrown at my face, this little bottle has put a shield over it.
That's how I would describe the immense change in my skin.
I love face and body products that come with a pump to ensure you get every last drop of product, although the OCD in me wasn't too impressed with the fact it didn't have a cap so I find myself cleaning its top with surgical spirits every 2 to 3 days.
Preservative-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free and with decongestant La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water: you have NO excuses not to get your mitts on it!
La Roche-Posay is easily available worldwide so you should have zero trouble haunting it down.

If you have tried it or are going to, I would  like to hear your opinion, just  leave a comment below.

Lil

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried it but it sounds the business, great review!

    ReplyDelete