Saturday, January 26, 2013

A few NOTD's and a top coat obsession

Here follow a few of my fave NOTD's from the last while that I haven't shared with you yet.

This was an ombre effect created with China Glaze "Rich & Famous" as a base and then merging that with KIKO n. 295. I used a cosmetics sponge to achieve the gradient. The ring finger features a layer of Rimmel matte top coat, the other nails have a coat of Models Own Indian Ocean.


The following creations all feature my latest obsession in nail polishes: Essence Special Effect Topper "night in Vegas". I think in the last 2 and a half months since I purchased it, I've used it on every other manicure. Completely and utterly fallen for it. 
I found that the darker the polish underneath, the more you appreciate all the different hues in the topper. Also the flecks in it shine more accordingly to the warmth of the base; the warmer colours will make the yellows and oranges stand out more, the colder ones will make the  green and more pinkish reflexes stand out more.

kiko 362 261  essence las vegas topper

kiko 362 261  essence las vegas topper

kiko 362 261  essence las vegas topper
This is KIKO n. 362 as the red base with the Essence top coat, with the  exception of the ring finger which sees KIKO n. 261, a clear polish with teeny, tiny saturated lavender sparkles.

china glaze flyin high essence las vegas topper
 This is one of my all time favourites China Glaze "Flyin' high" with the Essence topper. For the ring finger I went for Kiko n. 385 with THE most awkward chunky glitter polish EVER both to apply and remove from The Collection line "Bedazzled", thankfully I got this for free before Christmas as I bought 2 more products or I would be seriously demanding my money back.


This was my birthday manicure, absolutely adored it and got a lot of compliments and questions about it: KIKO n. 385 with the Essence topper and Models Own "Indian Ocean"on the index and ring finger.

I am honestly trying my hardest to stay  away from it for a while now, but I find it utterly hard to resist. 
Maybe I need help?!  
Any tips on how to "detox"? Or does anyone have the same problem? Maybe you have a similar "addiction"to a certain polish or top coat? Please feel free to share your experience.

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment