Thursday, November 22, 2012

it's Limp-along with good news

... Yep, that's how some friends have affectionately temporarily re-labelled me. Charming or what?!

It has now been 4 weeks since surgery and only last week I got the results of the tests performed on the tissue they removed from my left foot: I got the all clear! It's just that my moles, like the rest of my body, feel the need to perform uniquely and appear dangerous when they actually aren't. But as they say "better safe than sorry".

I am still walking with one crutch which frustrates me greatly, and although the wound is healing faster than expected, I still have quite a while to go before I can go back to running, long walks and heels. I have worn nothing but flat pumps and I'm honestly getting bored of them.



I haven't been active on the blog for a few reasons which I feel I have to elaborate on.
I couldn't really sit and write and edit photos as the way the PC is located at my parents', makes it close to impossible for me to now sit at it for longer than 5 minutes and not get cramps on my leg. I was in a great deal of discomfort and pain for a good 2 weeks and I didn't want that to influence my writing. Reading about somebody else's pain isn't exactly entertaining, I am sure. This is also why I have been very absent on social media platforms. Because I was under a great deal of stress and on a few different meds, my skin wasn't up to its usual perfection, so I wasn't really wearing make-up or testing out new products. I am quite impressed by how great I managed to keep it. You pretty much can't tell now!

I am absolutely stunned by my head, out of the 3 months I was carrying this huge question mark over my head, and especially since surgery, I have only had 3 or 4 days during which I actually thought "what if.....?". Positive attitude an' all that.

Other than the mobility issues what really annoys me about this whole thing is that it kind of isolated me from people and I feel like I'm going to have to start  over when I get back to Dublin next week.

I am going back to hospital hopefully for the last time this afternoon to have the remainder of the stitches remved. Some pain I tell you that!

I will be back to normal blogging order soon, I promise!

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment