Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Veet minimising moisturiser for sensitive skin - review


Body hair: probably the  ONE biggest nuisance for women (after men/women, that is).
And just like any other woman, hair removal is just one of those personal care rituals that we all really wish we could skip....unless you and your skin can afford permanent hair removal treatments, in which case I am SUPER jealous of you.

I was a REALLY early developer and so my first hair removal experience was at the age of 11 and because I was way too scared to try shaving, I used a cream. Because summer in my home town pretty much lasts from April to October, I got through TONS of hair removing cream and when eventually I got tired of having to sit still for half an hour 2 to 3 times a week, I just naturally glided to shaving.
I have tried waxing and the good old silk epil but because my skin is too sensitive and my hair is too thick, those were just quickly discarded.
In my late teens I also tried laser removal and it scared me enough not to ever try it again in my life, sure hair didn't grow back for 2 months...but that's down to the second degree burns the treatment gave me.
So it's safe to say shaving is my number one method, much to my annoyance.

When I was in Italy for my photo shoot last September, a friend of mine actually pushed me to try the Veet minimising cream, as I honestly hadn't really heard much about it here in Ireland.

Effectively I have been using this for about 7 months, on and off, not a daily basis as recommended by the brand. To be totally honest I wasn't really expecting anything at all from this, as I now tend to be VERY skeptical when it comes to "non-aggressive" hair removing products.

Veet says:
"Veet Hair Minimising Moisturiser, used daily, reduces the appearance of hair re-growth & softens the hair so stubble is less noticeable. Veet Hair Minimising Body Moisituriser with ProMinimise, to effectively hydrate your skin up to 24 hours, leaving your skin feeling smoother for longer.

 Application: the one aspect I REALLY don't like about the product is its consistency, it's REALLY runny, and you need to be careful or the product will splatter all over your bathroom floor. Also because the lid top is flat, it always ends up covered in product which I have to wipe away and ends up being wasted.  I apply this after showering and I was very surprised to see that it didn't irritate my skin at all; after shaving I always have to be extra careful with what moisturiser I use, especially on stretch marks.
As for its "extra" moisturising powers, they are not actually THAT strong. I always have to mix in another moisturiser as otherwise my legs would be quite dry the morning after.
As I have mentioned above, I don't use this every day nor every time I shave, HOWEVER I have noticed my hair is nowhere as thick as it used to be before I started utilising this, and I also notice the difference between when I apply it after shaving and when I don't. It also makes for a much less annoyingly itchy stubble as well.
I think it could be improved by thickening it a bit and making it more moisturising.

Has anyone else tried it or plan to? Let me know.

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment