Monday, February 6, 2012

Please GQ hire me!


I must start this post by saying that I personally like lads' mags. They can rustle up really good articles as far as journalistic quality is concerned.
And they also do a good photo shoot or two...
I love photography, it's always interested me. in all its different aspects. I know it's not every one's taste but I REALLY appreciate a good (not too cheap) glamour photo shoot, which is basically the main component of this type of mag.

When I heard the gorgeous Michelle Williams was going to do a spread with GQ riding the Marilyn wave, following her role in "My Week With Marilyn". I was really looking forward to seeing the photos. And boy was I disappointed!

The photos(you can easily google them) are really cold and impersonal and don't really capture the essence the whole shoot should have had. To be honest I personally could have taken better, nicer photos.
Although I appreciated the general effort to not over airbrush the images, the cover was just a complete and utter disaster!
If you're going to leave the shape and shadows of one side of her tummy and abs, why completely erase the other side?! And don't get me started on the fact they've "copied and pasted" someone else's chest on her, I'm blind as a bat but even I can see it;s just totally wrong!!!
I would have done a million light years more efficient retouching job!

What do you guys think of the cover ? How about the rest of the photos?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what to think anymore. I mean, I can see very bad obvious photoshop but for the rest, I feel like it's everywhere, I don't know what's real and what's not anymore!! Are you serious about those breasts not being hers??

    ReplyDelete