Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eylure Dylash Eyelash dye kit: review


Eylure Dylash Eyelash and brow dye kit - Dark Brown

I have always been the kind of girl to do her beauty treatments at home, as much as possible. Firstly to save money, but it's also a sense of independence and accomplishment, not letting my eye sight get in the way!
The only 2 treatements I wouldn't do myself are dye my hair(mainly because I do 3 times a year, and it's the only 3 times a year I go to my hairdresser's) and tint my lashes. I used to go to a salon close to my place and get it done there.
Then I realised it was very easy, and for the same price of one tint at the salon, I could buy this kit that supposedly lasts you qite a few applications.
I bought this a good while ago, but because my fashion show in Italy required me being all natural, I couldn't put it to the test, until now.
Well....let me tell you, it was a big fat fail...

Here's the before photos:


I followed the instructions perfectly, and actually left the tint on for 15 minutes instead of 10 because any kind of dye on my hair/lashes takes longer to develope.
I was actually happy that it didn't sting as much as when I get it done in the salon, that was a plus!

And here's the results....


...not exactly the dark brown I was expecting...

And now I'm left with the kit and I don't know what to do with it....? Shall I just throw it away and try a darker tint? Or finish the whole thing anyway because I paid for it?

What do you guys think?

7 comments:

  1. do you think? Did I have too much expectation for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expectations suck :( I don't think so. I looks good. Very natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe try it again and the dye will build and be darker?
    I think its nice as it is mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would try again hun and leave for 15 mins again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a shame. after all the faff to find it. i think eylure has failed with this product. definitely, what a let down x

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't it just Liloo?!?! i was kinda sad after all the hassle i'd gone to....
    I re-did it for another 20 minutes but pretty much nothing happened...

    ReplyDelete